Signing the Charter:
If you are interested in signing the Charter, please sign here.
Why sign the European Charter for Mountain Quality Food Products – version 2016?
The European Charter for Mountain Quality Food Products was published for the first time in 2005 in order to promote legislation to protect mountain food products.
The 2016 version of the European Charter for Mountain Quality Food Products has been developed since the adoption of the optional quality food term, « mountain product », in order to encourage the European Union to go further in the protection and promotion of mountain quality food products.
Euromontana and other stakeholders in mountain areas are happy with the progress that has been made in promoting and valorizing mountain agriculture, but our efforts cannot stop here.
The new version of the Charter is a tool to mobilize a range of actors around concrete actions that further the promotion and valorization of mountain food products, such as using the optional quality term, and thus to build an environment conducive to the production of mountain products.
Every signature collected contributes to:
- Maintaining and developing local traditions, culture, and collective heritage specific to mountain territories.
- Sustaining agricultural activity that is adapted to mountain territories and the natural constraints posed by these territories.
- Protecting mountain products against the fraudulent use of the term « mountain ».
- Encouraging the valorization and recognition of mountain products at the European and international level.
- Supporting the sustainable development of mountain areas and offering a high quality of life in mountain areas.
- Preserving biodiversity and improving the quality of the environment while maintaining rural areas and landscapes (through ecosystem services).
- Mobilizing stakeholders in mountain areas who have signed the Charter.
The text of the European Charter for Mountain Quality Food Products – 2016:
Signing the Charter:
We hope you will join us in promoting and valorizing mountain areas. To sign the charter, please click here.
Collecting Signatures in Your Community:
Do you want to collect signatures at fairs, markets, your organization’s activities, or other events where there might not be internet? If so, you can print a PDF of the form for collecting signatures. It is available in English and French. You can also print a hand-out with a summary of reasons for signing the Charter. It too can be printed in English and French.
Work Referenced:  Règlement (UE) N°1151/2012 et acte délégué (UE) N°665/2014