The French ropeway society (Domaines skiables de France) has been drawing up a charter of good practices to control the electric consumption of the tourist stations since 2010. This charter is starting to be implemented in the main Alpine stations. Among its criteria, there are the following good practices:
– implement tools of electric energy control ;
– set up an eco-driving of the ski lifts ;
– set up and eco-production of artificial snowmaking ;
– examine the bills and contracts of the electric furniture ;
– reduce the heel of consumption ;
– optimize the existing installations ;
– contribute to the good practice exchanges with the whole profession.
To know more on Good Practices linking tourism and energy in mountain areas, please have a look at:
– The Alpine Convention Report: “Sustainable tourism in the Alps, report on the State of Alps“, published in 2012 (pages 75 to 76), which among others, describes this Good Practice.