The European Commission published on 31st of July 2014 the delegated and implementing acts on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) (supplementing the Rural Development Basic Regulation (EU) No 1305/2013).
The main elements covered by the Delegated Act can be summarized as follows:
- Young farmers;
- farm and forest exchange schemes and visits;
- quality schemes;
- farm and business development;
- afforestation and creation of woodland;
- conservation of genetic resources in agriculture and in forestry;
- exclusion of double-funding;
- animal welfare;
- commercial loans to mutual funds,
- conversion or adjustment of commitments;
- extended or new commitments;
In order to ensure a smooth transition between the 2007-2013 and 2014-2020 programming periods, the Delegated Act also lays down certain transitional rules.
For further information, please check: