ERANET SUMFOREST call ‘Sustainable forests for the society of the future’
The ERANET SUMFOREST has announced that it will publish a new call on 21 March 2016, with pre-registration of project proposals on the platform before 20 May strongly recommended. The closing date for proposals is 17th June 2016.
The call will focus on research that aims to support policy decisions regarding multifunctional forestry. The call invites proposals for collaborative research and development of transnational consortia of research organisations and companies from at least 3 different countries participating in the call.
Three topics are included in the call:
- Comparative assessment of the sustainability performance of renewable and non-renewable raw material-based value chains to inform policy decisions
- Risk resilient forest management – Adapting forest management regimes which incorporate risk assessment related to potential climate change impacts to inform policy decisions
- Investigation, appraisal and evaluation of trade-offs related to the provision of forest ecosystem services to inform policy decisions.
Proposals may cover one or several topics and focus areas.
More information is available on the call page.
Joint Call on sustainable management of water resources in agriculture, forestry and freshwater aquaculture sectors
The 2016 Joint Call on ‘Sustainable management of water resources in agriculture, forestry and freshwater aquaculture sectors’, funded under WaterWorks2015 (Water JPI and FACCE JPI), is open until the 19 April 2016. Consortia should include at least three partners requesting funding from three participating countries.
The proposals should target the following challenges:
- Increasing the efficiency and resilience of water uses
- Monitoring and reducing soil and water pollution
- Integrating social and economic dimensions into the sustainable management and governance of water resources
More information is available on the call page.21 March 2016