Date / Heure
Date(s) - 27 Mar 2019
Toute la journée
The LIFE Oreka Mendian is organising a conference on brushcutting in mountain areas. Experiences and good practices will be shared during the event.
09h15 – 09h30 Welcome
09h30 – 12h00 Presentations
- Brushcutting within OREKA MENDIAN. Jabier Sesma, Conseil provincial d’Alava.
- Lessons from the theory of habitat fragmentation and its practical implementation. Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, University d’Alcalá de Henares.
- The clearing plan of Campoo de Yuso. Practical measures for biodiversity, landscape and cultural heritage. Miguel Ángel Toca Gutiérérez, City Campoo de Yuso.
- Brushcutting in the mountain of Cantabria: aid, magnitude and uncertainties. Juan Busqué and Rubén Barba, CIFA.
- Evaluation of the impact of clearing in the short, medium and long term using the health cards of pastoral agroecosystems. Lur Epelde, Neiker Tecnalia.
- Comparison of combined techniques to test the efficiency of mechanical stripping and controlled burning in the maintenance of open spaces in the region Lonce de Roncevaux-Selva de Irati. Rosa María Canals (UPNA), Leire Múgica (UPNA) and José Luis Sáez (INTIA).
12h00 – 12h30 Coffee break.
12h30-15h00 work in groups to identify good practices in clearing of mountain pastoral habitats.
You can find the programme (in Spanish) here.
Please register here before March 22 to attend the conference.