Date / Heure
Date(s) - 21 Apr 2021
10 h 00 min - 12 h 30 min
SILVER SMEs organised its mid-term conference on “Challenges and solutions to cope with ageing in rural Europe: the role of the Silver Economy” on April 21, 2021, from 10:00 to 12:30 (CET).
SILVER SMEs is a five-year project (2018-2023) funded by the European Union’s Interreg Europe programme. The project aims at improving the implementation of Regional Policies for SMEs competitiveness by taking better advantage of opportunities derived from the Silver Economy. By supporting the development of new SMEs from the Silver Economy, an intrinsic objective is to generate services and goods that will contribute to improve the quality of life within an ageing society, in particular in EU rural or mountainous areas. SILVER SMEs gathers 9 partners, including Euromontana and some of its members.
Ageing in rural and mountainous areas
By 2070, 30% of Europe’s population will be aged 65 and over, which is 10% more than today. Rural and mountainous areas are particularly affected by this demographic change and need to develop living environments that meet the needs of older people.
What are the impacts of ageing in rural and mountain areas? How can the Silver Economy help addressing the needs of rural older adults? SILVER SMEs’ mid-term conference will discuss demographic changes in rural territories and showcase inspiring initiatives collected from all over Europe.
At a time when the European Commission is investigating the challenges of ageing and when a new programming period is starting, SILVER SMEs’ event will also explore how European and regional policies can cope with the challenges of ageing in rural regions. In particular, the conference will look at how EU initiatives can help to build more dynamic rural communities and boost economic sectors that improve the quality of life in these areas. By providing examples of policy actions that support business creation, the event will also explore how regional policies can further contribute to the development of the Silver Economy and the well-being of their ageing population.
Presentation and documents
You can find more information on the event in:
- The programme of the conference
- The event report, which will soon be available
- Recording of the conference
- Presentation of SILVER SMEs’ SWOT analysis – Dr. Helen McGuirk
- Presentation of Byggdialog Dalarna – Nils-Åke Norman
- Presentation of HIPA – Alexandra Bertrand
- Presentation of the Social Entrepreneurship Programme – Laura Gascon Herrero
- The role of local authorities to address ageing in rural and mountainous areas – Florent Cholat
- SILVER SMEs video presentation
- Best practice: Age-friendly town programme
- Best practice: Senior Senior
- Best practice: Smarter Homes
- Best practice: HealthDay.si
For more information, you can also visit the event’s webpage.