Date / Heure
Date(s) - 20 Sep 2022
10 h 00 min - 16 h 30 min
Brussels - Belgium
20th September 2022 – 10:00 – 16:30
Rue Van Maerlant 2, 1000
European Committee of the Regions, Brussels – Belgium
The European Union – via the Cohesion Policy – introduced dedicated measures to pay a “particular attention to mountainous regions” (Article 174 TFEU). These measures can be used to finance many initiatives that improve the quality of life of mountain citizens. However, as stated by the 8th Cohesion Report, the “cohesion in the European Union has improved, but gaps remain” especially in rural regions. Potential beneficiaries of these funds in mountain areas are too often unaware of the opportunities offered by the Cohesion Policy and face a number of barriers limiting the uptake of these funds in their regions. What are the barriers hindering the uptake of the Cohesion funds in mountain regions? How can Managing Authorities and other relevant actors better inform mountain actors on the opportunities of the 2021-2027 Cohesion Policy in their region? What kind of support is needed to help mountain stakeholders make the most of these funds?
Montana174 is a one-year communication campaign to inform and engage mountain citizens on the Cohesion Policy in five European mountain regions. Capitalizing on its findings and activities, Montana174’s final conference will be an opportunity to share lessons learnt on the needs and challenges facing mountain stakeholders as well as to discuss upon different practices to foster the uptake of the Cohesion Policy funds in mountain areas over the 2021-2027 period.
You can consult the event agenda here.
Presentations are available below:
- Examples of projects financed in mountains (Bárbara Cerdán Fortea)
- Do funds go always to the centre? Analysis on the uptake of Cohesion Policy funds across Romanian regions (Marin Florian)
- Feedback from mountain actors: what barriers do they encounter? (Klavdija Gornik)
- Dedicated financial chapters to support measures in mountains (William Biajoux)
- Creating targeted communication (Daniela Masotti)
- Outlooks for targeting non-standard geography in Cohesion Policy (Erik Gløersen)
The event will have simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Polish.