Date / Heure
Date(s) - 06 Feb 2015 - 27 Feb 2015
Toute la journée
Answering to a growing interest in the role of forests and forest products in climate change mitigation, the FAO will organise an online conference from the 6th to the 27th February 2015. Under the title of “The Economics of Climate Change Mitigation Options in the Forest Sector”, the event will be structured under two themes covered in different sessions:
o Afforestation and reforestation (6 Feb)
o Reduced deforestation and degradation (13 Feb)
o Changing forest management practices (17 Feb)
- Climate change mitigation through improved wood utilisation
o Wood energy (20 Feb)
o Green building (24 Feb)
o Sustainable packaging (27 Feb)
The key discussion points will be the following:
- The economic costs and benefits of various mitigation options related to climate change
- Variation in mitigation potential at different carbon prices and in different regions
- Impacts of mitigation efforts on value chains of forest products
- Which option worked well and which did not? What leads to success or failure? What are the barriers in achieving the mitigation potential?
- What lessons can we learn (e.g. investments and building confidence, policies and incentives, reducing transaction costs)?
- How these efforts contribute to the sustainable development goals of different countries?
Registration is open until the 16th January 2015. Remember it’s an on-line event. You can register here.
For more information, please check here the webpage of the conference.