Date / Heure
Date(s) - 27 Jun 2018
Toute la journée
European Parliament - Brussels, Belgium
Invitation to a RUMRA Breakfast hosted by MEP Franc Bogovič (EPP) and co-organised with Euromontana on Smart Villages on 27 June 2018 at the European Parliament (Member’s Salon) in Brussels.
Smart Villages will be one priority of the next Rural Development policy. This new concept aims to “help local communities address issues of inadequate broadband connectivity, employment opportunities and service provision in a clear and comprehensive manner”. It also aims to improve the attractiveness and well-being of inhabitants in rural areas.
But at their heart, “Smart Villages are about people.” Social innovation can play a key role in the development of the full potential of rural areas. By working together and through social innovation, some communities have taken leadership of the provision of key rural services such as health, education, energy, mobility and other social services of key importance in rural, mountainous and remote areas where such services were of poor quality and often in decline. Smart villages outperform others. How can we capture their success in social innovation in marginalised rural areas and use it as an inspiration for all? How can we best support social innovation and Smart Villages in the future programming period?
Topics to be discussed
- ‘Introduction: Bled Declaration for a Smarter future of rural areas’, by MEP Franc Bogovič (EPP)
- ‘What is Social Innovation and how can it boost villages’, by Bill Slee, SIMRA project
- Sopotniki example: Mobility for rural elderly, by Marko Zevnik, CEO Sopotniki Institute, Slovenia
- Definition of Smart-socio-eco Villages, Carlo Della Libera, Senior Consultant, ECORYS
- ‘Recommendations from the ENRD thematic Group on Smart Villages’, by Paul Soto, team leader of the ENRD thematic group on Smart Villages
- ‘How do the new CAP legislative proposals will encourage Social Innovation and Smart Villages?’, by Christiane Kirketerp, Policy Officer, DG AGRI
- The agenda is available here
- Fore more information about the RUMRA Intergroup, visit their website
- To register, please fill in this online form 18 June 2018
The event is organised by the support of the SIMRA project