Date / Heure
Date(s) - 14-15 Feb 2019
Toute la journée
Ente Fiera Promoberg - Bergamo, Italy
Tourism is an important part of the European economy, representing almost 10% of European GDP in 2017 and 2018. On the other hand, rural territories are the base for agriculture, but also offer a wide array of assets and resources for recreation not yet used or that remain undetected. This conference is a step to broaden the view and unleash the full rural potential for leisure through a holistic approach that includes hospitality, agriculture, food and wine, gastronomy, culture, environment, active tourism, and any other relevant aspects and tourism sector organizations.
Building on the results and conclusions of STRD2017, in this second edition we again bring together the stakeholders from two of the most relevant sectors for the European economy: tourism and agriculture
The second edition of the conference “Sustainable Tourism for Rural Development – STRD2019” will focus on the Planning Period 2021-2027 and the implementation of the new CAP. The conference will address four topics:
- Increase the added-value that tourism and recreation can generate for rural areas;
- Opportunities of digitalization – Smart Villages, marketing and distribution, communication, CRM;
- Solutions for areas with natural constraints – the attraction of landscape and mountains, a perfect symbiosis to support fragile territories through tourism;
- Demographic changes – how to attend the ageing population and other groups with special need (accessibility and social tourism).
Each will be discussed in a moderated panel, combined with best-practice cases from Europe and Italy. During the plenary session there will be simultaneous interpretation to and from French.
Marketplace of Ideas
The Marketplace of Ideas is an opportunity for innovative, out-of-the-box, or challenging initiatives on sustainable tourism in rural areas from Italy, Europe, and the rest of the world to showcase their experience. Consolidated examples that work in reality and ongoing projects with new perspectives can check in here, before January 27th.
Cases exposed at this Marketplace of Ideas enjoy a reduced Conference Fee. They shall present their experience in the foyer of the conference with a 1×2 mts poster displays provided free of cost. A contest to be voted by the conference participants will select three cases that they consider most inspiring. The winners will be presented during the Conclusions of the conference, and receive refund of their registration for up to three representatives.
- The flyer of the event
- The draft programme outline
- The event’s website to register and to find all the logistical information you need: strd2019.org
- Registration fees: 130€
- Transfer from and to Bergamo airport will be arranged for all registered participants free of charge.
- Registered participants have free access to the fair “AgriTravel & SlowTravel Expo” that begins right after the end of STRD2019.