Date / Heure
Date(s) - 23 Sep 2013
6 h 30 min
The dairy sector in mountain areas by 2015
The Autonomous Province of Bolzano/Bozen – South Tyrol
Dr. Herbert Dorfmann, MEP
kindly invite you to the event on
„The dairy sector in mountain areas beyond 2015″
Monday, 23 September 2013 at 6.30 pm
Committee of the regions JDE 53 5th floor, rue Belliard 99-101 Bruxelles
The so called „Milk Package” was published in 2012 with the aim of boosting in a sustainable way the negotiation power of producers of milk and dairy products. Various regulations have entered into force since last October. But what about the concrete situation of the farmers in mountain areas?
What kind of support measures may the farmers expect in order to be able to survive? What needs still to be done? Those and other main fields of interest will be deepened during an experts’ discussion. Representatives of the different institutions involved in this reform of the milk quota system will be invited: European Commission, European Parliament, Committee of the Regions, including the experts who have produced on the request of the European Commission a study on the impact of the expiring of the milk quota system and its consequences.
Participants to the discussion :
- Moderation: Juanan Gutiérrez Lazpita – President of Euromontana
- René Souchon – Member of the Committee of the Regions, Chair of the Commission for Natural Resources (NAT) and President of Auvergne Regional Council (Président du Conseil régional d’Auvergne)
- Herbert Dorfmann – Member of the European Parliament
- Hannes Weindlmaier – Professorship for Business Management Dairy- and Food- Industry TUM Business School
- Georg Häusler – Cabinet Dacian Cioloș Commissioner in charge of Agriculture
Information and registration
Simultaneous interprétation in DE, EN and FR.
The event will be followed by a networking cocktail.
Please register by email email@example.com until the 19th of September indicating your name, surname and organisation.
We kindly ask you to bring your ID card with you for security checks.