Date / Heure
Date(s) - 18 Jan 2023
9 h 00 min - 17 h 00 min
Brussels - Belgium
5th Edition of the Forest Innovation Workshop
Regions are key actors in implementing EU policies addressing forests and all value chains starting there. Technical and social innovations are needed to effectively serve the various demands society has on our forests. It’s now time to show what regions are already implementing or planning for the near future, to inspire other territories to follow good examples, and to establish cross-border cooperation.
The ERIAFF Network (European Regions for Innovation in Agriculture, Food and Forestry), the European Forest Institute (EFI) with its Bioregions Facility, the Forest-based Sector Technology Platform (FTP), the European Confederation of Forest Owners (CEPF), EUSTAFOR (the European State Forest Association), COPA-COGECA (European Farmers and Agri-cooperatives), ELO (the European landowners’ organization) and Euromontana are pleased to invite you to this workshop on the role of innovation in managing new challenges in the forest-based sector at regional level in the EU.
Scope and objectives
Main objectives of the event:
- Understanding the new framework for regional innovation policies addressing the forest-based sector in Europe
- Presenting relevant innovations from different European regions that are helping address key European policy ambitions
- Connecting experts and practitioners to speed up knowledge flows
- Encourage public and private collaboration at EU and regional levels to foster innovation
The event will provide an opportunity to learn about the most recent updates on European initiatives and connect with a selection of innovative cases, presented during the 2 rounds of breakout sessions.
The themes addressed in the workshop are:
- Carbon market, bioeconomy, climate smart forestry and rural development
- Forest degradation and nature restoration
- Ecosystem services and better integration in forest management
Digitalization and social innovation are cross-cutting aspects contributing to the above themes.
Programme and registration
The workshop will be held on 18 January from 9:00-17:00 at the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European Union (Rue Wiertz 77, 1000 Brussels). The workshop language is English.
You can consult the programme and find more information here. Registration is open untill 10 January 2023.