Today, the website of the FIRE-RES project went live. An opportunity to get better acquainted with this Green Deal project demonstrating the implementation of Integrated Fire Management concepts and supporting the transition towards more resilient landscapes and communities to Extreme Wildfire Events in Europe.
What is the content?
Extreme Wildfire Events are becoming a major threat for the whole Europe. The areas affected by the phenomenon are experiencing fires that break records in terms of burnt area, speed, behaviour and impacts, and places that weren’t hit so far are likely to become fire-prone regions in a few years, experts say. That is why the European Commission is investing major resources to come up with new models and approaches to address the problem.
FIRE-RES – which stands for “Innovative technologies and socio-ecological-economic solutions for fire resilient territories in Europe” – runs from December 2021 till the end of 2025. Within the FIRE-RES project, Euromontana leads the Work Package on communication and dissemination.
What will you find in the FIRE-RES’ website?
The FIRE-RES website is the main portal of the project. In the website, you will find:
- All you need to know about the project’s objectives, approach, structure and partners
- A description and main contact of each of the 11 Living Labs
- A media corner and the Library with the project’s results, that will be both updated overtime
- Dedicated sections for the events and news promoted by FIRE-RES or related to wildfires
Would you like to learn more?
- Visit FIRE-RES website
- Subscribe to the FIRE-RES newsletters
- Read about the project in this press release
- Get in touch with the main contact persons
This project has received funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101037419.2 March 2022