Euromontana, the European association of mountain areas offers in its Brussels office a 6-month internship as Communication Intern from March 2022 onwards.
Only students able to provide a traineeship agreement from a university will be selected.
We offer: an interesting experience to work on the communication of an EU project coupled with networking opportunities within a well-established European association (25 years).
You will be under the responsibility of the Communication and Policy Officer of Euromontana and your responsibilities will include:
- Support the communication activities of Euromontana:
- Writing in English items of news for the Euromontana’s website (ideally translation in French too) on various themes of interest for our members, updating the website, improving the layout of documents; monitoring EU news including interesting calls for proposals and events
- Support for Communication in EU projects especially for Montana174 project (a 1-year EU project focused on Cohesion Policy in mountain areas) and FIRE-RES (a research project focusing on extreme wildfires management):
- writing in English items of news for the website; updating the website; drafting the project newsletter, preparing and animating social medial campaign, improving the layout of documents; support the organisation of the final conference in September.
- Support the organisation in the preparation of Euromontana events and conferences in particular the European Mountain Convention in October 2022 (logistics, communication, looking for potential speakers, drafting preparatory documents)
You have a tertiary education degree (Masters, 5 years), preferably in communications. Profiles in EU affairs, EU funding and projects or journalism will also be considered.
You have an excellent professional command of English, French would be an asset.
You have very good written communication skills.
You have a good command of Microsoft office tools, especially Word, and social media (Facebook, Twitter). You are open to using other tools (Canva, WordPress, Mailchimp, Excel).
Dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated, you are comfortable in a small organisation, are not afraid of multitasking and are solutions oriented. You are interested in EU policies and projects. An interest in the subjects of territorial development in the mountains in general or the fight against climate change and forest fires in the mountains is a plus.
Compensation: interns cannot be remunerated under Belgian Law, but they can be compensated for the cost of their meals (equivalent of 7€ per working day), reimbursement of the STIB costs (metro/bus card) and the Intern will have two weeks of holidays during summer holidays.
Duration: internship could last 6 or 7 months (to be discussed with the selected candidate)
Application to be sent by 03/01/2022 to: Blandine Camus, Communication and Policy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org – including in the object of the e-mail “your name-Euromontana: Communication Intern 2022”: a concise CV and a maximum 2-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at Euromontana and why you think your profile matches our needs. Please precise in your letter with which university you will be able to provide a traineeship agreement.
Only targeted applications will be analysed.
Please use the function «ask for a receipt of reception » of your email if you wish to make sure the email has been received.
1 December 2021