Euromontana is the European association for cooperation and development of mountain areas. Its aims are to promote mountain territories as territories with a future and to improve the quality of life of mountain populations, building on sustainable development models.
To achieve these aims, Euromontana:
- Represents mountain communities within European institutions
- Conducts promotion actions (communication, events),
- Organises cooperation among its members (networking and projects)
- Contributes to studies on sustainable mountain development.
Under the supervision of the Director, the intern will be involved in the following:
- Support the organisation of the XII European Mountain Convention on “Smart Mountains” in Sila national Park, Italy from 29 September to 1st October 2020 (support to communication actions, drafting booklet of good practices, support in the logistical aspects including follow-up of speakers)
- Draft short synthesis notes (around 10 pages with some good practices) on different subjects of importance for mountain areas (examples: renewable energy – circular economy – mobility in mountain areas)
- Support the Director in the animation of Euromontana network (support for the preparation of the elections / support for the organisation of the board meetings).
- Master degree university level studies related preferably to political sciences, European Affairs, rural development, mountain studies, agriculture, or Geography. Other studies which enable the knowledge of territorial management will also be taken into consideration.
- Interest in and motivation in issues linked to mountains.
- Synthetic mind, flexibility, pro-activity and enthusiasm.
- Good organization and networking skills
- Ability to work in small teams (team of 2-5 people including the intern), you are not afraid of multitasking and are solutions-oriented
- Fluent English is needed and basic French (Both English and French are the languages of the network)
- Good knowledge of the Office Package, in particular of word, outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to do autonomous searches on the Internet and look for relevant information