The Thematic INTERREG IVC Capitalisation initiative is an approach that focuses on collecting, analysing and disseminating the thematic knowledge gained from projects working on the same topic. For this purpose, the INTERREG IVC secretariat has launched different workshops on each of the thematic initiatives.
On 14th November 2013, it was the turn of the Thematic Workshop on Eco-innovation. This workshop aimed at bringing together people from 7 different projects related to the topic, such as:
- Cleantech-incubation Europe (CIE): supporting regional policies for cleantech incubation.
- Forwarding regional environmental sustainable hierarchies (FRESH): [MC1]promoting regional policies to support and measure eco-innovation in the construction sector.
- Regions using ECO-ManageMENt for eco-innovation Development (RECOMMEND): supporting regional policies to promote eco-management as an instrument for corporate eco-innovation.
- European Clusters and Regions for Eco-Innovation Network Plus (ECREIN+): developing an effective regional policy mix to support eco-innovation.
- ECOREGIONS: improving the effectiveness of local and regional development policies in the area of eco-innovation and more specifically, green technologies, with a particular focus on SMEs.
- Developing Sustainable Regions through Responsible SMEs (DESUR): helping businesses to grow in a more sustainable and innovative way by improving regional policies aimed at promoting responsible innovation in SMEs by means of Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Producer Services for European Sustainability and Competitiveness (PROSESC): fostering regional policies to promote the environmental sustainability and competitiveness of road transport (from two-wheel to e-vehicles and fuel-cell powered buses), with a focus on the role of the knowledge-intensive producer services sector.
During the Workshop the mentioned projects were presented, followed by a discussion on the added value of INTERREG IVC and the future perspective of the program.
You can have a look to the following links for more information:
- Presentations of the workshop.
- The Eco-Innovation Thematic page of INTERREG IVC, where you can access to the summary report on the Eco-innovation Thematic Initiative.
- The updated information on the future INTERREG EUROPE for 2014-2020
- Web-documentary with good practices videos and more interactive information about INTERREG IVC.