Who can become a member ?
According to the constitution, members can be:
- international organisations concerned by mountain areas,
- legal entities of private law legally constituted according to the law and usages of their countries of origin notably:
- national and regional organisations of the mountainous zones,
- economic, professional and cultural organisations with substantial part of their membership or their activity in mountainous zones
- legal entities of public law: regions, Länder, cantons, communes and other specialised institutional structures or structures intervening in mountainous regions.
We accept members from all countries in Europe and not only the European Union.
Our membership today comprises around 75 organisations spread over 20 countries of different nature: organisations for socio-economic development, collective authorities and territorial entities, environmental, forestry or development agencies, research institutes, training centers and even national authorities.
- Clich here to see where and who are members
How to proceed to become a member ?
, mentioning your contact details, the nature of your organization and the scope of its action. You can do this by filling-in the first page of the membership Membership application. You can add to this page any information you find relevant in order for us to know you better.
Upon reception of your interest in membership, the Board of Directors will be consulted on the relevance of the application and on the amount of the membership fee.
The amount of the membership fee is established thanks to a grid depending on the nature and size of the organisation. A grid giving the maximum amount per category of member is included in the membership application form. Reduced fees are applied to members coming from countries which had, in 2001, a GDP below 50% of the former EU-15.
Based on the information you communicated, which should include elements on population and GDP for territorial entities, the Board of Directors will decide on a membership fee level and invite you as a member.
If you agree with the amount submitted, you will have to confirm your agreement by submitting a signed version of the second page of the membership application form.
You will be considered as a full member upon reception of payment of the membership fee.