15 life stories to discover how the Cohesion Policy makes a change in mountain regions!
How does the European Union support mountain areas? How does this translate into real benefits for the lives of mountain citizens? Montana174 publishes 15 life stories to take you across concrete initiatives that each day meets the needs of entrepreneurs, students, single mothers and many more people living in the mountains.
A special care for mountain citizens
Through the Cohesion Policy, the European Union decided to pay a “particular attention to mountain regions” (Article 174 of the European Treaty). What does this mean? And how does it translate into better living conditions for mountain inhabitants?
To answer to these questions, Montana174 publishes 5 regional brochures. These brochures assemble the stories of 15 mountain citizens and shows how, in their daily itinerary, they made use of goods and services funded through the Cohesion Policy over the 2014-2020 period. The 15 life stories take place in 5 mountainous regions of Europe, where Montana174 partners are located.
Eager to learn more?
- Mountain walks in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region (France) – discover about the stories of Noah- student, Cynthia- single mother, and Louis- retiree (available in French and English)
- Mountain walks in the Lombardy Region (Italy) – encounter Sonia- farmer, Adelmo- computer specialist, and Lidia- University graduate in tourism (available in Italian and English)
- Mountain walks in Croatia- meet Danko- tourist guide, Kristina- factor worker, and Vesna- school teacher(available in Croatian and English)
- Mountain walks in Slovenia– read the stories of Maja- University student, Jana- retired, and Marko- disabled worker (available in Slovenian and English)
- Mountain walks in the Aragon Region (Spain)– get to know Anabel- entrepreneur, Carlos- director of cultural park and Claudia- multi-shop owner (available in Spanish and English)
What is Montana174?
Montana174 is a 1-year communication campaign funded by the European Commission – DG REGIO and coordinated by Euromontana. This campaign aims to raise awareness and increase knowledge on how the Cohesion Policy impact the daily life of mountain citizens.
Do you wish to know more about Montana174?
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Discover about Montana174’s objectives and activities in our brochure
- Get in touch with our partners in your region
- Contact Carla Lostrangio, Project Manager at Euromontana (firstname.lastname@example.org)