In January 2015, the European Rural Networks’ Assembly was launched as the main governance body of the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD) and the European Innovation Partnership in Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability (EIP-AGRI) Network. The Assembly provides the strategic framework for the activities of the network support units and forms a platform to share stakeholders’ priorities and concerns, covering all aspects of the Rural Development Policy for 2014-2020.
The European Rural Networks’ Assembly includes several subgroups. The permanent Subgroup on Innovation for agricultural productivity and sustainability (Subgroup on Innovation) is one of them.
The main objectives of the Subgroup on Innovation are to:
- support the implementation of the EIP-AGRI in Rural Development Programmes
- identify common issues, problems and good practices
- support networking between EIP-AGRI Operational Groups
- provide input for the work programme of the EIP-AGRI Network
- cooperate with the National Rural Networks to support innovation
The subgroup, were Euromontana achieved to have a seat, will last all the programming period until 2020. The first meeting of the permanent Subgroup on Innovation took place on 10 March 2015 in Brussels, Belgium. You can now check the report of the meeting and all the presentations here.6 May 2015