The Silver Tourism project is an Erasmus + project coordinated by the Chamber of Commerce of Badajoz in Spain which aims to develop the skills of silver tourism experts.
It aims to provide the necessary training for the tourism sector to take advantage of the opportunities generated by the current demographic trends, developing products and services adapted to the real needs of the elderly, designing an Expert Profile in Silver Tourism. The expert will be trained under a multidisciplinary approach, offering a comprehensive vision that allows the development of competitive tourism products, placing the senior public in the centre of process. We’re talking about the achievement of a new profile with some very specific competencies, a facilitator, who is trained to advise enterprises in the field of tourism, in the creation of new products and services, the integration of the tourist offer, promotion of entrepreneurship and effective communication of this knowledge by the parties concerned. The main objective of these professional “facilitators” will be the structuring of tourism packages to attract visitors in the Third Age to a specific touristic destination.
The final result of the project will be the implementation of a e-learning platform (a MOOC) at European level, where theoretical and practical contents will be combined, with an innovative approach through interactive content and audio-visual that will enable the achievement of skills to train the Silver Tourism expert.
This MOOC will be developed in 5 different training units
1. Understanding the needs of silver- age tourists and accompanying people: to know better the silver tourists
2. Designing Silver Tourism Products and Services: to know how to design specific products and services for senior tourists
3. Silver Marketing Tourism Products and Services: to know how to market these specific tools and products
4. Developing local/ regional Silver Tourism Destination: to go further and develop a regional strategy
5. Assurance and improvement of Silver Tourism Services: to ensure some evaluation of the services provided.
Euromontana, as a partner of the project, will regularly inform about the progress done on this project. Registrations for the first session of the MOOC are expected in 2017.26 August 2016