Euromontana is launching a call for initiatives in the framework of the XII European Mountain Convention, co-organised with Cia – Agricoltori Italiani on 25-26-27 October 2022 in the Italian Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve of Sila.
This year’s European Mountain Convention will focus on “Smart mountains: how to make our territories attractive and future-oriented?”. In order to shape the future of smart mountains for 2050, the event will showcase inspiring initiatives from all over Europe within six workshops dedicated to:
- Smart Living: how to improve the quality of life by maintaining the provision of quality services of general interest in mountain areas?
- Smart employment: how to maintain jobs, including skilled jobs, all year round in the mountains?
- Smart and clean mobility: how to develop new, clean and alternative transport modes for people and goods?
- Smart economy: how to achieve a carbon-neutral mountain economy?
- Enabling tools: how can digitalisation benefit mountain areas?
- Smart management of natural resources: how can innovation support sustainable management of resources?
How to submit an initiative?
We are looking for initiatives that:
- Come from European mountain areas,
- Are adapted to the proposed topic and approach of the workshop,
- Have a level of success in terms of impact and concrete and measurable results on the ground,
- Have at least one innovative aspect (new product or service, technological innovation, new business model, social innovation, new approach, methodology, new tools, etc),
- Are transferable to other mountain areas.
Are you aware of a particularly innovative initiative in your mountain region? Have you contributed to the implementation of an action that has made a difference for the future of your territory? Would you like to share it with us during the European Mountain Convention?
Then use the below form to take a look at the description and ambitions of our workshops and submit your initiative proposal!
Contributions are open until 28th February 2022. Two initiatives will be selected per each workshop and invited to be presented during the European Mountain Convention. The languages of the event will be English, French and Italian.3 February 2022