The 26th January 2015, the EU Rural Networks’ Assembly was officially launched first the 1st meeting gathering 196 governmental, non-governmental, local and innovation stakeholders. Euromontana is a member of this General Assembly.
The main aim of the creation of this Assembly is to advise the European Commission on how to better put Rural Development programmes into practice as well as to ensure coordination between the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD) and the European Partnership for Innovation in Agricultural Sustainability and Productivity (EIP-AGRI).
In line with this aim, the objectives of the 1st meeting were:
- To reach a common understanding of the aims and functions of the common governance structure and organisation of the ENRD and EIP-AGRI networks and adopt the rules of procedure of the Assembly.
- To discuss the strategic framework for the rural networks, based on a logical framework derived from EU legislation.
- To identify priorities and subjects for the thematic work to be carried out by the ENRD and EIP-AGRI network, particularly for 2015.
- To propose the membership of the Steering Group.
The administrative and governance objectives were discussed during the morning while the priorities for the thematic work were stablished through collaborative workshops in the afternoon.
The outcomes of the meeting as well as the final decision on the Steering Group are still to be published by the European Commission.
For more information:
- Check here for the governance structure of the EU Rural Networks.
- Read here the Commission Implementing Decision setting up the EU Rural Networks’ Assembly